- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning (Old Bay)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 4 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 pound cooked medium-size shrimp, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- In a large soup pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour, seafood seasoning, salt, and pepper; mix well. Gradually add milk, bring to a boil, and cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in 3 cups cheese until melted.
- Add cooked macaroni and shrimp to cheese sauce and stir until thoroughly combined; pour mixture into baking dish and sprinkle top with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until heated through and top is golden.