- 2 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope (from a 2.4-ounce) box) dry onion soup mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Divide mixture into 8 equal amounts and make 8 patties.
- Grill patties 8 to 12 minutes, or until desired doneness, flipping them halfway through grilling.
If you want to plan ahead, you can mix up this full recipe, make half of the patties for tonight's dinner, and freeze the rest of the patties (uncooked) for no longer than 30 days (to keep their full flavor). Just thaw them overnight in the fridge and cook them according to the directions above.