Central Fresno apartment fire sends one man to the hospital

FRESNO, Calif.

The Fresno Fire Department says the fire started in a bedroom. A man living in the apartment managed to escape, but had to be taken to Community Regional Medical Center in downtown Fresno because of smoke inhalation.

Neighbors say a smoke detector quickly alerted the man to the fire.

"Having working smoke detectors lets you get alerted early about a fire. It lets us get here early to a fire and get to the fire and put it out and keep it to one bedroom which is what our goal is and keep it small," said Brad Driscoll with the Fresno Fire Department.

No one else was hurt in the fire and firefighters were able to contain the fire to one bedroom.

Investigators are now trying to figure out how the fire started.

Copyright © 2021 KFSN-TV. All Rights Reserved.