It happened just after 2 a.m. Monday morning on Olive near Millbrook. Fresno Firefighters say when they arrived on the scene, smoke and flames were popping from the attic. Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the attic and save most of the home.
Eight family members were home at the time of the fire. No one was hurt.
The cause of the fire is under investigation, but investigators say it appears to be electrical.
"They had been having electrical problems throughout the evening with circuit breakers and fuses popping. They weren't able to fix the problem on the electrical panel so they were running their generator and had their refrigerator running on the generator," said Ted Semonious with the Fresno Fire Department.
Firefighters say they don't think the generator caused the fire. Damage on the home is estimated between 15 and 20 thousand dollars.