- 4 or 5 large ripe tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cut tomatoes in half crosswise then squeeze gently to remove juice and seeds; cut tomatoes into cubes and place in medium bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to tomatoes; mix well.
- Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Makes about 3 cups
Mr. Food is a tomato-lover, and he thinks this tastes best at room temperature so, if you make it ahead of time, try letting it sit for a few minutes before serving.