- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 2/3 cup picante sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15- to 16-ounce) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 medium-sized yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- In a large saucepan or deep skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Saute onion for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, picante sauce, chili powder, cumin, and salt; mix well. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, cover, and simmer 10 more minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
For a change of flavor, you can use black beans instead of red kidney beans, so go ahead and use your favorite.