- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh basil
- Fill a soup pot with one inch of water and place whole squash in water. Bring to a boil over high heat, cover, and cook 20 to 30 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a knife. Remove squash to a cutting board and allow to cool slightly.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise then use a spoon to remove and discard seeds. Scrape inside of squash with a fork, shredding into noodle-like strands.
- Place shredded squash in a large skillet and heat over high heat for 2 to 4 minutes to eliminate excess water. Add remaining ingredients except basil and cook over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes, or until heated through. Stir in basil and serve.