- 1/2 pound ziti
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook ziti until just barely tender; drain and place in a large bowl.
- Mix ricotta cheese and half the mozzarella cheese with the ziti. Coat a 9" x 13" baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; cover bottom of pan with half the spaghetti sauce. Spoon ziti mixture into pan; cover with remaining spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes, or until cheese melts and is light golden.
I especially like the hearty-style prepared spaghetti sauces with this, and when I don't have ziti on hand, I simply substitute other shapes.