It happened at Safford and Roberts near Bullard High School just after 7 p.m. Monday night.
Fire crews arrived to find the attic and wood shake roof engulfed in flames. A man was taken to the hospital with possible smoke inhalation.
A neighbor says he felt the intense heat outside his backyard and came out to help. "Talked to one of the neighbors he said that there was somebody inside, they got out ok. They took him off in the ambulance, but it was -- with the wood roof man it was -- flames were high," said neighbor Aaron Vasquez.
Investigators say the fire started in the master bedroom of the home. They also determined the patient taken to hospital with smoke inhalation intentionally set the fire.
Damage is estimated around $150,000.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER