Code violations lead to fire at Central Fresno home

FRESNO, Calif.

Firefighters said the family in the home used multiple electrical cords to share electricity with the home next door. Fresno Fire Department Battalion Chief Tony Escobedo said the improper use of the cords is not only a code violation, but also dangerous. Once the fire started at the front of the home, it spread quickly. "Because of the rapid fire spread, and a lot of smoke, there's quite a bit of smoke throughout the entire house," said Escobedo.

Family members from the same family live in the two neighboring homes and were at the other house at the time of the fire. The fire destroyed much of the family's belongings and firefighters said the house is unlivable. Investigators said it had no working smoke detectors.

         NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
        BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
Copyright © 2020 KFSN-TV. All Rights Reserved.