- 1 (14-ounce) package banana bread muffin mix, prepared and baked according to package directions
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable shortening
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, butter, and peanut butter until thoroughly combined. Mix in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- When cupcakes are completely cooled, frost with peanut butter frosting.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring until chocolate is melted and smooth. Place mixture in a resealable plastic bag, snip off corner with scissors, and drizzle evenly over cupcakes. Refrigerate cupcakes until chocolate is set.