Cooking Time: 15 min
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup broken-up baked tortilla chips
- In a soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the chicken, bell pepper, and garlic, and cook for about 3 minutes, or until the chicken is browned on the outside, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the chicken broth, corn, and salsa; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in the cilantro, ladle into bowls, and serve topped with the tortilla chips.
Serving Size: 1 cup, Exchanges: 1 Starch, 2 Very Lean Meat
Calories 149, Calories from Fat 32, Total Fat 4 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 34 mg, Sodium 417 mg, Total Carbohydrate 13 g, Dietary Fiber 2 g, Sugars 3 g, Protein16 g