- 2 cups (8 ounces) finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/3 cup real bacon bits
- 3 to 4 scalliions (green onions), divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 (6-3/4-ounce) jar whole roasted almonds
- In a large bowl, combine Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, bacon bits, 2 chopped scallions, and dry mustard; mix until well combined. Spoon onto a serving plate and form into a football shape.
- Lightly press almonds into cheese mound, completely covering its surface.
- Cut remaining scallions to look like football laces and place between almonds. Serve, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Serve with your favorite crackers or thin slices of French bread. Sure, you can shape this into a basketball or baseball -- or any ball at all.