Cooking Time: 15 min
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1 (1-ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper, optional
- 1 egg
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken and the buttermilk; mix well.
- In a resealable plastic storage bag, combine the bread crumbs, dressing mix, and ground red pepper; seal bag and shake to mix well.
- In a shallow dish, beat the egg well. Drain chicken and add to egg, turning to coat. Place chicken in storage bag; seal bag and shake to coat chicken.
- Place breaded chicken on a rimmed baking sheet and coat lightly with cooking spray. Bake 15 minutes, or until no pink remains and juices run clear.