- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (4.25-ounce) can chopped ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 6 (1-ounce) slices Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- 6 onion rolls, split and toasted
- Preheat the grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, onion, olives, ketchup, and taco seasoning. Shape the mixture into 12 (4-inch) patties.
- Fold cheese slices into quarters; place cheese in center of each of 6 patties. Top with remaining 6 patties, pressing to seal edges.
- Grill 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until done. Serve on rolls.
Shredded lettuce, sliced tomatoes, or guacamole make great toppings for these burgers, if you like. And if you really want to make them extra special, you can whip up a batch of Tex-Mex Secret Sauce by stirring together a 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/3 cup ketchup, 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chilies, and 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro in a small bowl. Just cover and chill it in the fridge until ready to serve.