Gas vapors complicate house fire in Fresno Co.

FRESNO, Calif.

The fire broke out around 11:30 p.m. Wednesday on Church near Orange just south of the Fresno City limits.

A spokesperson with Fresno County Cal-Fire told Action News flames surrounded the 1,500 square foot home when crews arrived on the scene.

A broken gas meter also complicated firefighting efforts.

Investigators believe the flames damaged the meter allowing gas vapors to escape. A PG&E crew had to be called-in to help shut off the gas.

The home is considered a total loss and the Red Cross is now helping the two people who lived inside.

         NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
        BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
Copyright © 2021 KFSN-TV. All Rights Reserved.