Fresno investigators: house fire started by candle

FRESNO, Calif.

Crews contained the fire to just the one apartment, which was destroyed inside and out.

Investigators believe the fire began when a 9-year-old dropped a lit candle. Everyone inside the apartment made it out safely.

But a total of 13 children and three adults are without a place to stay.

Firefighters say this should serve as a reminder of the dangers of leaving candles and matches near children.

         NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
        BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
Copyright © 2021 KFSN-TV. All Rights Reserved.