Cooking Time: 20 min
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/4 pound uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 cup fresh snow peas, trimmed
- 2 scallions (green onions), sliced
- In a soup pot, combine chicken broth, soy sauce, mushrooms, water chestnuts, carrot, and chicken over medium-high heat; bring to a boil.
- Add spaghetti and snow peas, and continue boiling for 8 minutes, or until pasta is cooked, stirring occasionally. Top each serving with sliced scallions.