Cooking Time: 15 min
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (about 1-1/2 pounds total)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Evenly sprinkle salmon fillets with salt and pepper and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until salmon flakes evenly with a fork. Remove to a platter and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to skillet; stir in garlic, spinach, lemon juice, and basil, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until spinach is wilted. Arrange on platter with salmon, and serve immediately.
Foods that Soothe
There really is something to the relationship between what we eat and how we feel. We've got tips for getting the most from the foods you eat.
Many foods contain vitamins and/or minerals that are good for our bodies. Besides that, studies suggest that there are calming properties in foods containing Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, magnesium, potassium, calcium, Omega-3 fatty acids and complex carbohydrates.
Try incorporating any of these into your daily mealtime routine to see if they work positively for you:*
- Rice cakes
- Whole grain bread, pasta, cereal
- Sweet Potatoes
- White Potatoes
- Citrus fruit
*Always check with your physician first before altering your diet or if you have a particular medical condition.