Cooking Time: 1 hr 45 min
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds beef or lamb stew meat
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) Guinness beer
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 celery stalks, sliced into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup water
- In a large soup pot, heat oil over high heat. Stir in stew meat and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until meat is browned.
- Stir in broth, beer, garlic, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Add carrots, celery, and onion; mix well then cook 1 hour, or until meat is tender.
- In a small bowl, mix flour with water. Stir into stew then cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until sauce is thickened.