Cooking Time: 15 min
- 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 12 butter crackers
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a soup pot, combine tomatoes, sugar, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low and slowly stir in cream and basil. Simmer 5 to 7 minutes, or until heated through. Do not allow to boil.
- Meanwhile, place crackers on baking sheet and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Top soup with crackers; serve immediately.