Cooking Time: 20 min
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 12 slices bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sundried tomatoes in oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Wrap 4 asparagus spears with a slice of bacon, leaving both ends of the asparagus unwrapped (see Note); place on prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining asparagus and bacon; sprinkle bundles with pepper.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until bacon is crisp.
- Place on a large platter, sprinkle with sundried tomatoes, and serve immediately.
Makes 12 bundles.
NOTE: If the asparagus spears are thick, you can use 3 per bundle. Adjust the number of spears in each bundle accordingly.