- 4 ears fresh corn on the cob, cooked (see Note)
- 3 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 to 5 scallions (green onions), sliced
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1/4 cup diced roasted red pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (1-pound) round pumpernickel bread, unsliced
- Using a sharp knife, remove corn from cob and place in a large bowl. Add cheese, scallions, green chilies, and roasted red pepper; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients except the bread; mix well. Pour over corn mixture and toss until evenly coated. Refrigerate 2 hours, or until ready to serve.
- Using a serrated knife, cut a hole in top of bread about 3 inches in diameter. Hollow out bread, leaving one inch of bread around sides. Spoon dip mixture into bread bowl. Cut bread top and hollowed out pieces into 1-inch chunks for dipping.
Here are 3 easy ways to cook corn on the cob:
- Steam -- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil, add husked corn, return to a boil, cover, and cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Microwave -- Wrap corn in a damp paper towel and microwave 2 minutes per ear.
- Grill -- Wrap each ear of corn in aluminum foil and cook on grill 15 to 20 minutes or until kernels are tender.