Cooking Time: 15 min
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slivers
- 1 large fresh zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pound fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 4 ounces feta or goat cheese, crumbled
- In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat; add onion, and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until onion begins to brown, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium, stir in zucchini, asparagus, and garlic, and continue cooking 6 to 8 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl.
- Add tomatoes, salt, and pepper to vegetable mixture and heat 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable mixture and spinach to pasta; toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with cheese; serve immediately.