Mother's Day Meal Your Kids Can Make
Courtesy of Young Chef's Academy
BACON, EGG AND CHEESE MUFFINS
Makes 6, but expand it as far as you want!
6 slices of bacon
6 slices of bread
Shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper
1 Preheat the oven to 375° F. Grease muffin pan.
2. Microwave or fry bacon until partially cooked but not crispy. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
3. Cut out rounds of bread from the center of each bread slice, using a round cookie cutter or the top of a glass. Press the bread rounds into the greased muffin wells.
4. Curl a piece of bacon around the periphery of each piece of bread, positioning it between the bread and the muffin tin to help keep it in position.
5. Sprinkle a small amount of shredded cheese in the center of each piece of bread.
6. One at a time, crack an egg into a small bowl or measuring cup, removing about half of the white, and dropping the remaining white and yolk over each piece of bread, being careful not to break the yolks.
7. Once all the bread pieces have been topped with eggs, bake until eggs are cooked through to your liking (about 15 minutes depending on how runny or firm you like your eggs) and bacon is crispy.
8. Run a knife around the edge of each muffin well and pop the muffins out. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
Also, a great gift idea for mom:
Mommy and Me Tea
Sunday, May 15th 1:30 to 3:30pm
Young Chef's Academy
1134 E. Champlain Dr.
Fresno, Ca 93720
Ages 4 to 12 welcome. $35 per child and mom. $10 per additional child.
Call 559-433-6698 for reservations or class information or visit www.youngchefsacademy.com