Cooking Time: 35 min
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (16-ounce) package smokedsausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup converted rice, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimiento, undrained
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute sausage 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove sausage to a plate.
- Add broth to skillet and bring to a boil. Stir in rice, curry powder, and salt. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients and sausage, cover, and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until shrimp are pink, stirring occasionally.
To complete your Spanish fiesta, try our refreshing recipe for Pedro's Sangria. And remember, this fruity favorite is for an adults-only type of party!