Cooking Time: 10 min
- 2 cups finely crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup (1½ sticks) butter, melted
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 (4-serving) packages strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen strawberries (see Note)
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine crushed pretzels, butter, and 3 tablespoons sugar. Press mixture into bottom of baking dish. Bake 8 minutes; let cool.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add strawberries and chill until slightly thickened.
- In another large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, combine cream cheese and remaining 1 cup sugar until smooth and creamy. Fold in whipped topping and spread evenly over pretzel crust.
- With an electric beater on low speed, beat gelatin and strawberries until berries are broken up. Spread over cream cheese layer. Cover and chill at least 4 hours, or until firm.