Cooking Time: 20 min
- 1 cup prepared teriyaki marinade
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (1-1/2- to 2-pound) beef flank steak
- In a medium bowl, combine the teriyaki marinade, onion, honey, orange juice, rosemary, sesame oil, garlic, and pepper; whisk until blended. Reserve 1/2 cup marinade in a small bowl; set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, lightly score both sides of steak in a crisscross pattern. Add steak to medium bowl, turning to coat with marinade. Cover and marinate 30 minutes in refrigerator, turning once.
- Preheat oven to broil. Remove steak from marinade; discard used marinade. Place steak on a rimmed baking sheet and broil 6 to 7 minutes; turn steak and continue broiling for another 6 to 7 minutes for medium doneness.
- Place the reserved 1/2 cup marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat to serve as a sauce.
- Meanwhile, place cooked steak on a cutting board and cut diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Transfer to a serving platter and spoon heated sauce over slices, as desired.