Cooking Time: 30 min
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package butter recipe yellow cake mix
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves, divided
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 quart fresh strawberries, washed, hulled, and sliced in half
- 1/2 pint fresh blueberries, washed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, buttermilk, butter, and eggs with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool.
- Brush 1/4 cup strawberry preserves on top of cake.
- In a medium bowl, beat heavy cream, confectioners' sugar, and remaining strawberry preserves with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Spread mixture over cake and top with strawberries and blueberries. Refrigerate until ready to serve.