Cooking Time: 20 min
Makes 12 scones.
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened and cut into cubes
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries (not thawed, if frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and butter. Using a pastry cutter or fork, mix ingredients until well combined. Slowly stir in heavy cream; mix well. Add berries and mix gently until well combined. Mixture will be dry.
- Place dough on a cutting board and gently form into a loaf about 14 inches long by 4 inches wide and 1 inch thick. Press dough firmly together with your hands so it will hold together. Cut loaf into 12 equal-sized triangles and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until light golden. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.