Cooking Time: 5 min
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons pineapple preserves
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 slices pepper Jack cheese, each cut into 4 quarters
- 1 (12-count) package Hawaiian bread rolls
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, 1/4 cup pineapple preserves, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, remaining 2 tablespoons pineapple preserves, the onion powder, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the black pepper; mix well.
- Divide mixture into 12 equal amounts and make 12 patties. Grill patties 4 to 6 minutes, or until desired doneness, turning them over halfway through grilling.
- Place 2 pieces of cheese on each slider about 2 minutes before burgers are finished cooking. When done, place each patty on a toasted sweet roll and top with pineapple mayonnaise sauce.