- 8 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and mashed (see Note)
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices deli turkey breast or 1 package shortcuts turkey
- 4 (1-ounce) slices Monterey Jack or provolone cheese
- 8 tomato slices
- 8 red onion slices
- 8 bacon slices, cooked until crisp
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Sweet pickles, optional
- Spread mayonnaise on toast. Layer mashed avocado, lettuce, turkey, cheese, tomato, onion and bacon on 4 slices toast.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper then top with remaining toast. Garnish with sweet pickles, if desired. Serve immediately.
Try this clean and easy way to mash avocados: Place peeled avocado halves in a resealable plastic freezer bag, seal bag and squeeze away!