Cooking Time: 20 min
- 1 cup bran flakes with raisins cereal
- 1 cup granola
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached bread flour (we used King Arthur)
- 1 1/3 cups white whole wheat flour (we used King Arthur)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups water, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast (we used Fleischmann's)
- 1 cup granola
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Place cereal and granola in a large resealable plastic bag; finely crush with rolling pin.
- In the pan of a bread machine, place crushed cereal and remaining roll ingredients; turn on dough cycle (about 1-1/2 hours). Let sit 5 minutes then open bread machine and touch dough to check for consistency. The dough should form a ball around the kneading blade. If dough is too dry, add 1/2 to 1 tablespoon water. If dough is too wet, add 1 tablespoon flour at a time until the right consistency is reached. When dough consistency is correct, remove from pan and divide into 18 equal pieces; shape into rolls.
- Meanwhile, for topping, place granola in resealable plastic bag and finely crush with rolling pin. Place in shallow dish.
- Dip each roll into egg white then crushed granola, lightly pressing granola onto dough.
- Place rolls on baking sheets that have been coated with cooking spray. Cover; let rise in warm place until doubled in size (45 to 60 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake rolls 17 to 20 minutes, or until golden. Remove rolls from baking sheets and cool on wire rack.
Makes 18 rolls