Cooking Time: 35 min
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup molasses
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pie crust in a shallow 9-inch pie plate and flute the edges.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, butter, and salt; mix well and reserve 1 cup mixture.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, molasses, and cold water; mix gently and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix hot water and baking soda and stir into molasses mixture. Stir molasses mixture into flour mixture and pour into pie shell. Top with reserved flour mixture.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes. Pie will firm up as it cools. Cool completely before cutting.