Fresno woman burned in kitchen fire

FRESNO, Calif.

The fire happened at a home on Thorne near Fountain Way in Central Fresno just after 8:30 Thursday morning.

Firefighters said the woman was cooking on the stove and left the kitchen for a few minutes to check on her child. When she came back to the kitchen the stove was on fire.

Fire officials said when she tried to move a pan, she suffered second degree burns. The home suffered several thousand dollars in damages.

Copyright © 2019 KFSN-TV. All Rights Reserved.