Firefighters say the fire started around 7 a.m. Sunday morning in the garage area and then spread to the home on East Pontiac Way near 9th Street.
When crews arrived at the scene, they saw heavy smoke and flames -- and they say putting the fire out was difficult because of all the items stored in the garage.
Firefighters say the home's smoke alarms didn't have working batteries and the people inside learned of the fire from a visiting family member.
The Red Cross is now assisting the two people displaced because of the fire. Damage is estimated at $95,000. Firefighters weren't able to determine a cause.