Everything cooks up quickly in a skillet, which makes our Spooky Shepherd's Pie topped with ghostly dollops of mashed potatoes a perfect year-round main dish.
Cooking Time: 5 min
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken (see Tips)
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained with 12 peas reserved
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups hot mashed potatoes (instant or leftover)
- In a large skillet, over high heat, combine all ingredients except potatoes and reserved peas; mix well.
- Cook 5 to 8 minutes, or until heated through, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and top with 6 dollops of potatoes to form ghost shapes (see photo).
- Place 2 peas in each dollop of potatoes to form eyes on the ghosts (see photo). Serve immediately.