Cooking Time: 1 hr 30 min
- 1 large unpeeled garlic bulb
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse (kosher) salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cut garlic bulb in half crosswise (horizontally) and place on a piece of aluminum foil. Lightly sprinkle cut sides with oil and salt. Put the two halves back together and wrap tightly in foil.
- Bake 1-1/2 to 2 hours then open warm bulb and use as a spread in place of butter.
Minced Garlic in No Time
- Separate a clove of garlic from bulb and peel it; hold end with your fingers.
- While holding end of clove, on a plate or in a shallow bowl, rub garlic with tines of a fork, sort of mashing it. That's it!