This hearty one-pot meal is sure to stick to your ribs and stretch your food budget.
Cooking Time: 35 min
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 celery stalks, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 4 cups chicken or turkey broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups leftover cooked turkey, pulled apart into 1-inch pieces
- In a soup pot, heat oil over high heat. Add celery and onion, and cook 4 to 5 minutes. Add potatoes, carrots, chicken broth, sage, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 15 to 18 minutes, or until potatoes are almost fork-tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine water and flour; mix well. Pour into soup pot and stir until thickened. Add turkey and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until turkey is hot, stirring occasionally.