Our wholesome basic batter bakes up into crunchy, yummy Homemade Doggie Bones that're so "doggone good," tails surely be wagging!
Cooking Time: 30 min
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, wheat germ, dry milk, shortening, brown sugar, and salt; mix until crumbly. Add egg and water; mix well.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough until smooth. Using a rolling pin, roll out to a 1/2-inch thickness. Using a dog bone-shaped cookie cutter or a knife, cut out biscuits.
- Place biscuits on baking sheet and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.