Our motto is "never give up!" and when our Napoleon pastry broke apart, we turned it into a luscious layered Napoleon Trifle. Shhh...no one has to know, and is it ever easy!
Preparation Time: 10 min
Chilling Time: 2 hr
Cooking Time: 10 min
- 1 (17-1/4-ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 (4-serving) package instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed (see Tip)
- 1/2 cup chocolate flavor syrup
- Unfold puff pastry and place each sheet on a baking sheet. Bake according to package directions, until golden. Allow pastry to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk pudding mix and milk until thickened. Stir in half of the whipped topping until thoroughly mixed.
- Break cooled pastry into large pieces and place one-third of them in the bottom of a trifle dish or large glass bowl. Spoon half of the pudding mixture over that and drizzle with one-third of the chocolate syrup. Repeat the layers then top with the remaining pastry pieces, the remaining whipped topping, and the remaining chocolate syrup.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.