Makes: 36 to 40 pieces
Cooking Time: 12 min
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled, with tails left on, deveined and rinsed (see Note)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup light beer
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cayenne pepper. Pour beer into flour mixture and whisk until combined.
- Holding the shrimp by the tail, dip them into the batter, completely coating each shrimp. Place shrimp about 4 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. (Use additional baking sheets, if needed.) Batter will puddle around each shrimp.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until coating is golden and bread-like.