It's truly easy-as-pie to make.
Cooking Time: 30 min
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) bacon bits (see Note)
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep-dish pie shell (see Note)
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 medium-sized tomato, cut into 12 thin wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Distribute bacon bits evenly over bottom of pie shell.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs then add the cream cheese and continue beating until mixture is smooth. Add remaining ingredients except tomato wedges and beat until combined.
- Pour mixture over bacon bits then arrange tomato wedges on top in a pinwheel pattern. Bake 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes, or until set. Allow to cool 15 minutes before slicing into wedges.