Fire damages N.E. Fresno laundromat

FRESNO, Calif.

Firefighters say the fire started in the attic, and was apparently caused by some sort of electrical problem.

"The difficult situation is that was a common attic and there were multiple businesses that were off of this attic space so firefighters had to get in the attic area, pull out the cellulose insulation and get the fire under control," Rich Cabral of the Fresno Fire Department said.

Firefighters were able to get the fire under control in about a half hour.

They were also able to recover some laundry that had been in machines when the fire broke out.

Copyright © 2020 KFSN-TV. All Rights Reserved.