The duo of cheesy flavor from the Cheddar and Parmesan makes for a rich and creamy potato bake that'll pair with any main course.
Cooking Time: 1 hr 15 min
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (divided)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 medium-sized Idaho baking potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Paprika for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat an 8- x 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup Cheddar cheese, the flour, milk, Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange half the potato slices in the baking dish. Pour half the cheese mixture over potatoes. Arrange remaining potatoes in baking dish, and pour remaining cheese mixture over potatoes. Dot with butter, cover, and bake 45 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven, stir gently, cover and return to oven 20 additional minutes. Uncover potatoes and sprinkle evenly with remaining Cheddar cheese and the Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with paprika and return to oven to bake 8 to 10 additonal minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.