Cooking Time: 35 min
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon browning and seasoning sauce
- In a soup pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion, salt, and pepper; saute until tender.
- Add flour and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually add broth and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Slowly stir in half-and-half and browning sauce and simmer 5 additional minutes, or until thickened. Serve immediately.