Makes: 20 bars
Preparation Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 35 min
- 2 cups finely crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons grated lime peel
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine pretzels, sugar, and butter. Press firmly over bottom of prepared baking dish. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until crust is firm; remove from oven and cool slightly, leaving oven on.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour into cooled crust. Bake 25 to 30 additonal minutes, or until center is firm. Cool completely on a wire rack, then cut into bars.
These freeze well, but be sure to place them in a tightly covered container. When ready to serve, just remove as many as needed and thaw at room temperature for about 30 minutes.