The contrasts of the warm steak over the crisp greens drizzled with our zesty dressing are a treat for thetaste buds. This one makes for a super main dish salad.
Preparation Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
- 2 tablespoons dry taco seasoning mix
- 1 beef flank steak (1½-pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Score steak on both sides by making diagonal cuts 1-1/2 inches apart. Rub taco seasoning evenly over entire surface of steak.
- In a large skillet or grill pan, melt butter over medium-high heat and cook steak 14 to 16 minutes for medium, or to desired doneness, turning halfway through the cooking. Remove steak to a plate and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, on a large serving platter, arrange lettuce, tomato, kidney beans, and cheese in layers.
- In a small bowl, combine salsa and sour cream; mix well and spoon over salad. Cut steak across the grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices and place on top of salad. Serve immediately.