Cook these flavorful south-of-the-border burgers on the stovetop or grill and get ready to sink your teeth into their juicy taste!
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 to 1-1/4 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices jalapeno cheese
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, and saute 12 to 15 minutes, or until browned. Remove from heat, cover, and set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, ranch dressing, crushed tortilla chips, salt, and pepper; mix well. Divide mixture into 4 equal amounts and make 4 patties. Grill patties 8 to 12 minutes, or until juices run clear, turning them over halfway through cooking.
- Place a slice of jalapeno cheese on each burger 2 minutes before removing burgers from grill. When cheese is melted, remove burgers from grill, top each with a tomato slice and sauteed onions.