Cooking Time: 25 min
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10- to 12-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 pound cooked egg noodles
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef and onion until meat is browned and onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic powder, pepper, and mushrooms and cook 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low and stir in soup. Simmer, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes, or until hot.
- Remove meat mixture from heat and stir in sour cream. Serve over hot noodles.
- For a lower-fat stroganoff, substitute ground turkey for the ground beef, use low-fat sour cream, and low-fat cream of mushroom soup.